Sunday, December 30, 2007
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
I can not believe I had not posted since October!! Trust me, I have been tatting!!I sent out all my packages to Mary...Her last exchange. I really have fun with these!! Especially the Christmas one. When I am busy shopping for every-one else, it is nice to get a little somethin, somethin to make the holiday fun for me too!!
My Christmas tree is VERY heavy after 30+ years of accumulated ornaments. It has never fallen over until....last night! 3am just as I actually went to bed...CRASH!! Only a few broke which was miraculous!! No real special ones...on a scale of 1=10. Every one have a nice day
Monday, October 22, 2007
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Golly, gotta figure this out....
1. I have a masters in nursing and practice as a nurse practitioner in family medicine in a family practice residency program. I love my job and teaching new docs
2. I am constantly singing or whistling in the halls and stairwells...great accoustics.
3. I have tatted for thirty years..hard to believe since I am only 20.
4. My toes are REALLY weird too...gripper toes we call them
5. One of my favorite phrases is..."let me just be the devil's advocate for a second."..
6. I have three kitties and would take them over the human's any day...they don't talk back and always want to snuggle! (just kidding)
7. I have a very bizaar and quirky sense of humor that some folks just don't get...and I married a guy just like me!! It makes for some really high times
I am going to "tag" (I just figured out how! Do I have to ask/tell first? Hope not cause I didn't!! (LOL)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
The ornament is from my fav ornament book (well dog-eared) from Ann Stearns. I used a blended hologram filament (Sulky) and a glow in the dark thread. We have had the giggles in my office as we took turns going in the dark bathroom to check it out!! I am going to do some of Mark Myer's angels in this and will post soon.
I am still thinking about podcasting and am going to make a trial post today or the 'morrow to see how it flies. I learn so much from the knitter's blogs that I think it begs to be done by us too!! If I can figure out Skype and if anyone is on skype we can tape interviews too! Cool!!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
GASP!!! Can you believe it! I was devastated!! They are David Reed Smith shuttles and I think he can fix them...have a desparate call out! If not I will mend with wood glue as I have all the pieces and they do fit well together! I bid on this sev years ago and won it!! They (to me) represent my family and me. kids, hubby, me (I am the BIG one..ha ha)
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Oh what a delightfully addicting past-time!!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
I love this book! It is killing me but I love it! Having some problems with this one but it is working out. Sometimes I just have trouble deciphering. BUT...They are so interesting! I keep doing more for my 25. Frankly I think we are at 26-27 by now. I have started and can't quit! Might just do a second 25 all in doilies?!!
I also love these shuttles from the Shuttleshoppe. They are from the Southern Belle's, and Frivolite(k)ring, from the Netherlands. Very light and easy to use and always get nice comments!
I just bought a new computer and now, at 4am I am still up playing. My Gateway was tired after about ten years so , it took forever to put it all back together. Thank goodness for cables to tranfer data. Then however, I had to update some drivers that were not compatable. EEKs.
Am really loving the continued projects on the 25 Motif page. What a good idea that has been!!
Monday, June 04, 2007
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Saturday, May 05, 2007
Monday, March 05, 2007
This is Jenny Seymour's "Top Of the Morning Shamrock" from Tat All Tales. I have made about 25 for work so far including my "Orange" Irish one. I am not Catholic, but I have a distant relative who was from Ireland, we think.
Have been cruising the tatting pages and sites this weekend. Goodness there is talent out there!! Not such a "Dying art" is it!! The German eye candy coming through Here-Be-Tatters was amazing.
The 25 Motif site has been so inspiring...I have been inspired to do some-one else's patterns though!! I have not done any designing...not too creative at my own designs. Better at working them up!!