Sunday, June 24, 2007

Working on another doily from Iris Niebach's book



I love this book! It is killing me but I love it! Having some problems with this one but it is working out. Sometimes I just have trouble deciphering. BUT...They are so interesting! I keep doing more for my 25. Frankly I think we are at 26-27 by now. I have started and can't quit! Might just do a second 25 all in doilies?!!

I also love these shuttles from the Shuttleshoppe. They are from the Southern Belle's, and Frivolite(k)ring, from the Netherlands. Very light and easy to use and always get nice comments!

I just bought a new computer and now, at 4am I am still up playing. My Gateway was tired after about ten years so , it took forever to put it all back together. Thank goodness for cables to tranfer data. Then however, I had to update some drivers that were not compatable. EEKs.

Am really loving the continued projects on the 25 Motif page. What a good idea that has been!!

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You've inspired me to purchase Iris's books... the pieces you've worked up are lovely!

I also enjoy using my shuttles from the Shuttle Shop. They are light weight and hold a lot of thread. My other favorites are Sherry Pence's ceramic shuttles (Lady Shuttle Maker), Grizzly Mountain Arts (Dave Stanbrough), and Diana Andra.

Arlene said...

Hey thanks! I just updated a few things when I got my new computer. I don't know who Diana Andra is but really enjoyed looking at the other two sites. Have to get some of those shuttles!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Diana's shuttles are available through Ohio Lacemaker... I think! I purchased my first one at a lace show two years ago, so my memory's a bit fuzzy! I also Googled Diana one time and ordered directly from her.

My first Iris books have arrived... wow! Right now I'm working on a basket edging from Vintage Tatting... looks complicated, but it's really easy!

Unknown said...

Arlene, which of Iris Niebach's books did these doilies come from? They are lovely. I am especially interested in the ones that are in one round.
Thanks,
Kate