Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tatting and a possible podcast




FINALLY, I finished Iris Niebach's Francesca. Heaven only knows why I struggled so. I made three tries...I just got so frustrated I had to quit! It is the one below here that is half done. But, I tried another color which I really love that was shown to me by my doily exchange buddy awhile back. I really love her patterns and am now starting on Lorella which is another really neat pattern. I will use DMC57 for that one too.

The knitting is another sock on Cascade Palace needles 1 I think, using Panda wool a really nice 46% bamboo in the color Ultramarine. Don't look too closely however. I look as if one foot is seriously impaired!! I quit too soon and one is slightly too short. I have size 5.5 feet though so it did not make much difference. I really love this yarn. I am now attempting the Magic Loop with size #1 32inch Addi's. (See, I am talking knitting!!) My daughter who helped me refresh my skills finally "allowed" me to try the loop after I seemed to "get" the concept of sock construction. I have found that the knitting gives the elbow tendinitis a break...Tatting kills my medial elbow!! I also have purschased Bamboozle yarn 2301 Rosewater to do the summer dream socks (all found at http://www.straw.com/index.html) Take a look at my kid's knitting at http://knitspurlscurls.blogspot.com/. She has some awsome knitting there and is pretty funny.

This brings me to podcasting...I am seriously thinking of creating a podcast for tatting. There are soooo many great ones for knitting that I listen to. I think WE NEED one too!! So, I am looking in to what I need to put on the 'puter to make this happen. Any thoughts?

8 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love using the Magic Loop! I haven't actually finished a pair of socks, but I have knit up several samples. It's just plain fun!

I think your podcast ideas is wonderful... unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about it. I can't wait to see what you are able to do!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

P.S. - I love the doily!

Arlene said...

I am looking around to see how to set it up...cheaply. I listen to Damknits (a really funny gal from AZ) and she seems to have set up easily, versus another guy from Australia who seems to have a very professioanlly done feel but spent A LOT of money!

Tattycat said...

I haven't learned sock knitting yet, so I don't have any idea what the Magic Loop is. I am supposed to take a class, so maybe I will learn.
The doily is lovely.
I like podcast idea, but I don't know anything about them either.

Arlene said...

Thanks for encouragement. Have been pre-recording and is not sounding too bad. I hope I can figure out how to put the link on my blog for those that don't have ipods/mp3s.

BookJazzy said...

Would LOVE to have a tatting podcast! I listen to lots of knitting and techie podcasts. It's my favorite way to stay up to date.

Iris Niebach said...

Dear Arlene,
as I would be happy to make you a gift for having worked and posted a lot of my doily patterns, please would you be so kind to contact me privately?
Iris

Bonnie said...

Glad to hear your voice and quirky sense of humor. Missed you. I too have gotten side tracked with spinning it is relaxing. On my days off I look forward to listening to my "friends" on podcasts and spin. Spinning helps with problem solving. Thank you for what your doing!