Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well, almost done with christmas tatting


Can you really be done with Christmas tatting? I love snowflakes, angels and the like!! One or two more and I am more than halfway through. I have drawn it out to prolong my own fun!! The challenge is one of the best things we have done, I think!!
The star with the beads is from Emma Crew 3/01 found on Maus' site. The one "in the works" is from BellaOnline printed off 10/06. It has some interesting design elements including SCMRs. My shuttle's knicknames are Rose (1 and 2 I guess). They belonged to a friends mom. When they stab me; they are very old Detach-A-Spools...I tell her "Rose...you behave"!!
I am now well, thank goodness. (except talking to shuttles.) Got the tree up today. It was so heavy in the front it almost fell over!! DH and I went to select it, then they cut it down for you and bring to the car. The weather here in PA is 50-60s so was weird but nice weather for December.
I will post finished product when done. Have great weekend!

3 comments:

Tattycat said...

Hi Arlene,
Thanks for the compliments. I love your tatting and blogging too! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Laura

Tat-a-Renda said...

Thank you for dropping by my tatting page. You are not bad yourself.

Jon

Unknown said...

Hello -- I just took my first tatting class this past Thurs -- not sure if I have the talent or not ... but I purchased a Detach-A-Spools shuttle at an antique store YEARS ago and it says "patent pending". It look like there is a patent number on your shuttles. If so, would you email them to yogabuff@yahoo.com? I'm just curious as to how old this shuttle could be. Thanks.